We've been thrilled at the growing partnerships that have emerged with private companies, higher education institutions, and other non-profit organizations. We truly are a "network" of like-minded organizations committed to eradicating sex trafficking.
In 2009, we:
- Created and launched our signature BUY HER BAG. NOT HER BODY. tote bag! Our first designer item appeared in major retailers like White Saffron boutique, NYC (check out our blog post on the event for pictures!).
- Co-produced Freedom Week NYC, a week-long series of awareness-raising events to generate action against modern-day slavery.
- Received nonprofit designation as a 501(c)3 organization through the dedicated work of legal partners Baker and Hostetler
- Joined GuideStar, the nation's largest source of nonprofit information, and are listed on the GuideStar website as an active nonprofit organization
- Spread the word about Nomi Network through blog entries and feature coverage on the United Nations, Chamber of Commerce Business and Civic Leadership Center, and Change.org websites.
Our success is your success. Because of actions by people like you, we’ve become a leader in leveraging partnerships between the fashion industry and cause-based merchandise. As we develop mainstream products that will be readily available in major retail outlets, we’ll provide even more opportunities to survivors and women at risk.
So what's next? In addition to our goal of doubling our impact in Cambodia by providing employment and career development opportunities for 46 women, we will be launching a new collection in 2010! Keep an eye out for our new Travel Essential collections. We're also continuing to expand our retail partnerships and relationship with the fashion industry.
Finally, Nomi Network is staffed entirely by volunteers, and we're always on the lookout for folks with passion. If you're looking for a way to share your time and talent in 2010, email us with your background and interest areas at email@example.com.
Happy Holidays! We can't wait to see what the new year and the new decade will bring.